Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Lethargy begets lethargy (or OMG! I WAS POISONED BY STARCH!)

Today was my first day back at work for, like, a week - same with most everyone else I suppose - and the only thing that stopped me from closing my office door and crawling under my desk immediately after arriving at the office this morning was the threat of the office mouse scurrying in and nibbling the sleeve of my new grey cashmere sweater while I drooled onto the carpet.

Too much rest over the holidays.  Not enough fresh air.  And, even though I didn't officially gain any weight, clearly there were far too many carbohydrates of all kinds consumed.

It's such a tough rut to spin out of, the deep trench of overindulgence and underactivity.  It's not even 9:00 pm tonight and I'm already in bed.

Tomorrow I will force myself to bathe in egg whites and flaxseed, and stride briskly through my neighborhood, completely naked, swinging my arms wildly while flogging myself with an evergreen bough liberated from our Christmas tree (never mind that it's an artificial tree, it'll be stimulating to the circulation all the same).

Or maybe I'll just take a salad to work and walk around the block at lunchtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment